I am a chartered marketer with more than 15 years’ experience of working with clients including Hilton, Royal Mail, Panasonic, and the University of Cambridge.
My career in marketing started ‘web first’, managing content and building online communities. I helped many businesses to produce their first websites. For most of my agency-side career, I worked for Hilton, planning and managing complex multimedia, multi-site promotional campaigns for its national and international chain of health clubs. In 2007 I switched to become a client-side marketer, joining a new business operating in the newly liberalised postal marketplace. With my support, the business’s annual sales rocketed from £3 million to £60 million over the next five years.
In 2009 I discovered social media, and haven’t put a smartphone down since!
Today, I run a successful marketing consultancy, providing marketing advice, practical hands-on support, and training. I run my business from my office in the heart of Cheltenham, coffee shop or wherever I can connect my pink MacBook to free WiFi 🙂
I love to learn, write and talk.
More about me…
- I am a Sheffield Business School BA (Hons) graduate (1999) with postgraduate diplomas from the Institute of Direct & Digital Marketing (2001) and Institute of Promotional Marketing (2005). I also hold the CAM Award for Digital Marketing Planning (2012).
- LinkedIn recognised me as one of the top 5 female marketers in the UK for their #LinkedInBestConnected social campaign (March 2015).
- I am in the 2015 class of Insider Magazine’s South West 42 under 42. This annual programme recognises some of the South West’s most dynamic and inspirational young entrepreneurs and celebrates their success in helping to grow the regional economy.
- In April 2012 I was nominated one of the UK’s Top 50 creative freelancers by The Drum magazine (a listing unfortunately not repeated since 2012).
- I am a member of the GFirstLEP Business and Professional Services Sector Group.
- I am vice-chair and board trustee for the Communication, Advertising and Marketing (CAM) Education Foundation.
- I’m an active member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing; I am vice-chair of the South West regional board. I also sit on the Membership and Profession Advisory Group (MPAG).
- I served on the West & Wales regional council of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) for the past five years (2011-2016)
- I have also judged the DMA Awards, Loyalty Awards, Gloucestershire Business Awards, North Somerset Business Awards and Customer Experience Awards.
- Speaking engagements include presentations for Social Media Week, Chartered Institute of Marketing, Direct Marketing Association, IPSE, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), Growing Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire Business Show, Swindon Business Show, Meet in Cambridge, On the Edge, Moda UK and Comms Hero.
- I am part of the management committee establishing Read Easy Cheltenham. Read Easy UK is a national registered charity offering a one-to-one reading tuition programme for adults who cannot read or who struggle with reading.