Interested in working or learning with me?
Let me share my story…
I am a chartered marketer, and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM) with more than 20 years’ experience working with clients including Hilton, Royal Mail, Panasonic, and the University of Cambridge.
My career in marketing started ‘web first’ when I was responsible for creating the very first online presence for some businesses. For most of my agency-side career, I worked for Hilton, planning and managing complex multimedia, multi-site promotional campaigns for its national and international chain of health clubs. In 2007 I switched to become a client-side marketer, joining a software business operating in the newly liberalised postal market. With my support, ONEPOST’s annual sales rocketed from £3 million to £60 million over the next five years.
Today, I run a successful marketing consultancy, sharing best practice marketing advice and social media for business training. My ‘why’ is to help marketers (and non-marketers) understand the benefits of social media in business, and how it fits into the ‘bigger picture’ of an organisation’s strategy.
I’m also an author. My self-published book ‘Relax! It’s Only Social Media’ won a National Indie Excellence Award, and my social media planner is listed by the Independent online as one of the 9 best books for entrepreneurs.
I have recently taken my love (and addiction) for coffee to a new level, launching two new online businesses, Curious Coffee and The Coffee Gift Company. I love that I’m able to be a hands-on marketer, trying out new ideas – creating a case study for my training work as well as growing a new business.
I call myself a T-Shaped Marketer – which means I have both broad marketing experience and I’m a specialist in the use of social media for business.
More about me…
- I am a Sheffield Business School BA (Hons) graduate (1999) with postgraduate diplomas from the Institute of Direct & Digital Marketing (2001) and Institute of Promotional Marketing (2005). I also hold the CAM Award for Digital Marketing Planning (2012).
- LinkedIn recognised me as one of the top 5 female marketers in the UK for their #LinkedInBestConnected social campaign (March 2015). I am now a course instructor for their online learning platform, LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com).
- I am in the 2015 class of Insider Magazine’s South West 42 under 42. This annual programme recognises some of the South West’s most dynamic and inspirational young entrepreneurs and celebrates their success in helping to grow the regional economy.
- In April 2012 I was nominated one of the UK’s Top 50 creative freelancers by The Drum magazine (a listing unfortunately not repeated since 2012).
- I am an active ambassador for IPSE, The Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed.
- I am an accredited lead trainer for Facebook/Instagram and part of Enterprise Nation’s #SheMeansBusiness campaign, working with Facebook to support women across the UK grow their businesses online.
- I am a Google Coach for the Digital Garage initiative.
- I am a Visiting Fellow at the University of South Wales.
- I have judged many business awards – in 2020 this included the UK Digital Experience Awards and International Content Marketing Awards. Earlier judging included Gloucestershire Business Awards, Direct Marketing Association (DMA) Awards.
- I served as chair and board trustee for the Communication, Advertising and Marketing (CAM) Education Foundation – a charity that is 100% subsidiary of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, 2015-2020.
- I served as Chair for Gloucestershire and vice-chair of the South West Regional Board for the Chartered Institute of Marketing, 2012-2017.
- I served on the West & Wales regional council of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), 2011-2016.
- I served as a member of the GFirstLEP Business and Professional Services Sector Group, 2016-2020
- I served as part of the management committee for Read Easy Cheltenham & Gloucester, 2016-2018. Read Easy UK is a national registered charity offering a one-to-one reading tuition programme for adults who cannot read or who struggle with reading.
I am a social media advocate for the Trussell Trust, helping raise awareness of the essential community service food banks provide to people in crisis.
This winter foodbanks are expecting to give out a food parcel every 9 seconds. Food banks also accept essential non-food items such as toiletries and hygiene products, helping people in crisis to maintain dignity and feel human again.
You can find what food banks near you are in need of by entering your postcode at: https://lnkd.in/dj4jryy