I’ve helped businesses – large and small – to find new business opportunities and to get their messages out to the right people, in the right place, at the right time.
From mailing houses, data service providers, postal operators to professional services, manufacturers, telecoms providers, retailers, health spas, recruiters, estate agents, councils and universities… I’ve supported many organisations with their marketing challenges.
Here’s a few examples:
- Most organisations focus on ‘filling the funnel’ with new opportunities, forgetting to look at existing customers. I worked with a telecoms company to map existing customers against their range of products. We identified opportunities to up-sell/cross-sell additional products and developed a series of email campaigns. Followed up by the in-house telemarketing team, the company successfully generated new business and increased their ‘one-stop support’ for customers.
- When you have customer facing departments and siloed marketing teams who need to work together, sometimes external facilitation is required to guide conversation and insight gathering to ensure that everyone gets an opportunity to share their thoughts and listen to others. I worked with a leading higher education institution to build and lead a programme of internal workshops to aid the marketing planning process.
- Some debate the value of LinkedIn Groups but when you know the audience and what pain points you are looking for, you can find opportunities. I have successfully identified relevant groups, found discussions and identified prospects for HR consultants, event organisers and product manufacturers.
- The need to switch agencies for a FMCG business required steep learning to pick up a busy community on Facebook and Instagram. I supported the transition with an overview of the requirements, new processes for social media management, training and streamlined reporting.
- Over time a business creates a mountain of marketing collateral. A content audit can be a great way to review current assets and identify ways to re-focus your marketing approach. As part of a rebrand project we looked at 5 years of marketing material, how they were being used within the business alongside what information customers and prospects needed. Working with a graphic designer and print production specialist, I re-designed material to work harder, reducing costs at the same time.
If you have a marketing project that needs a fresh pair or eyes or an extra pair of hands. Get in touch.